Cumin Pan Seared Tilapia
Sometimes coming up with weeknight dinners can be exhausting! I use this pan-seared tilapia recipe for a fresh, healthy, and easy to make a healthy dinner on my busiest days
Cumin Pan Seared Tilapia w/ Honey Lime Coleslaw
Sometimes coming up with weeknight dinners can be exhausting! I use this pan-seared tilapia recipe for a fresh, healthy, and easy to make a healthy dinner on my busiest days. I'm not a big fan of Cumin—but when I used this, I was impressed that it didn't taste like taco seasoning. The Cumin essential oil is used in perfectly for this fish and coleslaw!
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 drops Cumin oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 lbs tilapia fillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Honey Lime Coleslaw
- 1 cup thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 drop cumin oil
- Toss cabbage, carrots, peppers, cilantro and onions together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together lime juice, honey, minced garlic, olive oil, and one drop of Cumin oil.
- Slowly add the dressing to the tossed vegetables and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, Cumin oil, chili powder, black pepper, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Spoon seasoning onto the fish fillets, evenly covering both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add seasoned fish to the pan, and cook each side for two to three minutes.
- Serve fish with coleslaw.