Although painful, inflammation is part of how the body repairs and restores itself. The goal of inflammation is always to respond to issues and restore balance. That said, inflammation is also behind every type of pain. (1)
By supporting our body with the correct nutrients, we can reduce the painful effects of inflammation naturally. Essential nutrients will help balance the body’s inflammatory and anti-inflammatory responses.
Omega 6 fatty acids are really good at helping the body produce inflammation.
Omega 3 & 9 fatty acids are really good at helping the body with the anti-inflammatory response, once the inflammation is no longer helpful.
Unfortunately, the typical Western diet is very high in Omega 6’s and very low in Omegas 3 & 9. As a result, most of our society is struggling with inflammation and the pain that results from it.
Let’s explore 3 simple lifestyle changes you can implement to balance the inflammation in your body.
1 - Eat less inflammatory foods
By eating less inflammatory foods, you’ll avoid triggering your body’s inflammatory response.
Here are five food categories which cause inflammation:
1. Red meat and processed meats, including bacon, hot dogs, lunch meats, and cured meats.
2. Refined grains, including white bread, white rice, pasta, and breakfast cereals.
3. Snack foods, including chips, cookies, crackers and pastries.
4. Sodas and other sweetened drinks.
5. Fried foods.
2. Eat more anti-inflammatory foods
Eating more anti-inflammatory foods helps your body process the inflammation already in your system.
Here are 11 food types which have high anti-inflammatory properties:
1. Berries, like blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
2. Fatty fish, like wild-caught salmon, sardines, and anchovies.
3. Cruciferous veggies, like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts.
4. Avocados, which are full of potassium, magnesium and good fats.
5. Green tea, which is one of the healthiest beverages you can drink.
6. Peppers, including bell peppers, chili peppers, and hot peppers.
7. Mushrooms, including truffles, portobellos, and shitakes.
8. Grapes, which contain anthocyanins and resveratrol.
9. Turmeric, which contains the powerful anti-inflammatory ‘curcumin’.
10. Extra virgin olive oil, which is one of the healthiest fats there is.
11. Dark chocolate and cocoa, which are full of antioxidants.
3 - Omega supplementation
I use doTERRA’s Lifelong Vitality supplement system to balance my Omega 3, 6, and 9’s and my daily nutrient intake overall. Good supplementation works together to keep inflammation levels balanced and healthy. If you’re struggling with inflammation, I highly recommend checking out this supplement system. It has done wonders for me and my family.
Want to learn more?
Learn how to support your health with essential oils in this comprehensive eBook.
When you purchase through me, you get 25% off, plus education, support & free product!
If you’ve got a health challenge you’d like a natural option for, let me share my experience!