“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh” – Matthew 2:11
Frankincense is known as the king of oils – and not just because it was presented to Jesus. This essential oil has so many benefits I could do a webinar on just that alone! For now, I will give you my top 9 benefits – and, believe me, it was hard to narrow it down to 9!
1) It helps support the messenger cells in your brain.
2) It can help reduce your stress and anxiety.
3) It can help reduce discomfort and irritation in the joints and muscles.
4) It helps to support a healthy immune system.
5) It helps you get a restful night’s sleep.
6) It can help balance your hormones and help with discomfort of menstrual cycles.
7) It aids in healthy cell development and functioning.
8) It can purify, replenish and tone skin, while reducing skin irritations.
9) It aids in digestion by helping your body detox and removing water retention.
And my sister-in-law discovered that another big plus is what it does for helping your body produce more serotonin in the brain!
What’s your favourite thing about frankincense?
How doTERRA's Frankincense Changes Lives
dōTERRA is very involved in the sourcing process of all their essential oils. Part of that oversight is to ensure that the farmers and their families are taken care of and provided for. dōTERRA often pays farmers before, during, and after the harvest so farmers feel assured they won’t be left “high and dry” like has happened with other purchasers of their crops. Where plant material is collected by harvesters, dōTERRA pays fair and on-time wages. dōTERRA works to ensure that farmers and their families have access to food, clean water, and education. dōTERRA has even helped people purchase land.
There is an extra-special story around doTERRA’s humanitarian efforts in the sourcing of their Frankincense oil. Watch the video below if you want to hear the story. I promise it will warm your heart!
Want to learn more?
As great as learning about abundance is, it only works if you apply it – and that can be hard! If you’d like support and structure as you cultivate abundance in your life, check out my abundance resources.
Abundance can start with small, simple habits. All you have to do is learn and apply them!
If you’re serious about cultivating a life of abundance, work through this course.
If you’ve got an abundance goal you’d like some advice on, let me share my experience!