A warm, cozy, filling fat-burning lentil soup for a chilly spring day.
This delicious bowl of soup is very easy to make and only requires a few steps. So, get yourself ready and let’s begin!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root (minced)
- 1-2 drops of doTERRA Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 4 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 cups dried red lentils
- 4-6 handfuls of spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and fresh ginger. Cook until onion is translucent then add carrots and sauté five to seven minutes.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder, and red pepper flakes; cook for another one to two minutes stirring constantly until all vegetables are coated and flavors combined.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, diced tomatoes, and lentils. Cover and bring to a boil on medium high heat; reduce to simmer
- Add Lemongrass essential oil and cook for approx. 30 minutes until lentils are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Garnish with one tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro and one tablespoon sour cream.
Tip: Add some brown sugar for a sweeter curry taste.
Want to learn more?
Learn how to support your health with essential oils in this comprehensive eBook.
When you purchase through me, you get 25% off, plus education, support & free product!
If you’ve got a health challenge you’d like a natural option for, let me share my experience!